Well PopStylers there has been quite a lull in my #MusicCrushMonday posts… 4 weeks to be exact. 😦 It’s not that I haven’t been listening to any music, or even crushing on any songs/artists. I just haven’t been able to sit down and right about them.
- All things Justin Bieber! I am so excited for this #Purpose album to drop on Friday! I particularly like the newest track “I’ll Show You.”
- Adele’s heart wrenching track “Hello” which leaves me in my feelings for a long time afterward…. sigh…. I just had a flashback… double sigh
- Dumblonde’s self titled album. This duo is made up of Shannon and Aubrey of the legendary girl group Danity Kane. They have an electro-pop feel through the entire album that makes your earbuds sizzle. My favorite track is “Waiting on You.”
- Newcomer Tory Lanez with his track r&b track “Say It.” It’s a remix of the song “If You Love Me” by 90s girl group Brownstone. Check it out.
- Off the mix tape What a Time to Be Alive I have made my rounds to “Big Rings” by Drake and Future. Maybe because Im choreographing it for a class of mine, but it gets me hype to rep my #squad or myself for that matter.
- Andy Mineo’s “You Can’t Stop Me.” from his NeverLand album. Andy Mineo is a hip hop artist with christian perspective. His music hits and speaks the heart and mind, as well as, making you bounce and wild out! (saw him in concert lately and he’s been an #earworm ever since).
- Chonique Sneed’s “Let It Go.” Listen, I don’t know who this chick is but I love her sound! She’s like a Queen Leshurr mixed with #Leikeli47 (peep my Music Mania post on her) mixed together. This song hits hard making my neck sore at the end of it!
- Halsey’s entire Badlands album!! Yes yes Im late to the Halsey frenzy but Im glad I arrived!! “Colors” has captured my ear this week… everything is blue!
The first pick for my #DVV (Dance Viral Video) is none other than the Epic Segway Hoverboard rendition of “What Do You Mean?” by Justin Bieber. Not only is the song super catchy, but the creativity of using the Segway Hoverboards takes it to another level. The way the boys use their bodies to move the hoverboards seamlessly in and out of formations and positions is eye catching. Enjoy this Dance Viral Video! And do’nt forget to subscribe to PopStyleBlog!
Happy Indigenous People’s Day!! Welcome to another edition of #MusicCrushMonday!!!
This week, my shout out goes to a pop star who has been on the scene for a while. I remember him becoming an #earworm via YouTube back in 2008-ish with the help of a mega R&B mentor. His puberty falsetto voice and luscious healthy bangs enthralled the Pop Culture world and we swooned over his peppy, catchy, and sometimes irritating melodies and songs. (But admit it… you sang those lyrics in your car like you were on the Teen Choice Awards!!) Now 7 years later, this Pop “Baby” has grown into a Pop-Pre-Man (come on, we can’t really think he’s all grown up)….. This week’s #MusicCrushMonday goes to……… JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!
I chose Justin Bieber as my pick this week for a few reasons:
- I was very happy to see him return to the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards this August after a 2 year hiatus! He killed his performance of “Where Are U Now and What Do You Mean?”
- His new song “What Do You Mean?” has become a recent #earworm, as well as, the subject of my newly obsessive dance video in which 5 males are performing choreography to his song on none other than Self-Balancing Segways!!! (if you have any desire to buy me one…. or donate to my #AirBoardBudget please contact me… Im serious tho!!) Click on Video below to witness choreography greatness!!
3. His leaked #NSFW photos were not that bad actually… I was pleasantly (and slightly ashamed that I was) surprised by the image…. Maybe Justin really is “growing”…. up.
Anyways, I am certainly looking forward to the new evolution and growth of Justin Bieber after his bad boy, immature years got the best of him and took him away from Pop music. Now he is coming back and he has all of our attention…. both visually and audibly. (Im still in a little shock over those pics- sorry). Til next time, keep it #PopStyle
#PopStyle #MusicCrushMonday #MusicMania